SP 2007 Navigation Flyouts not working for all users RRS feed

• Question

• I am running MOSS 2007 Ent. and have configured the navigation to show subsites and everything is working perfect when I log in, however if another user logs in the flyouts are not working.  I have confirmed that the user has access to the subsites and can click and drill down into them, however I'm stumped as to why the flyouts are not working in the navigation for them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:23 PM

Answers

• A very obvious thing, but did you make sure the master page was checked in and approved after changing the ASPMenu attributes?  If not, the other user may be seeing an older copy of the master page that doesn't have the flyouts enabled.
    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP Chief SharePoint
    Architect: Sharesquared Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:50 PM
  • I figured it out... with your help!!  The problem was the master page was checked in as a draft and not published as a final version and approved.  Everything is working correctly now.  Thanks for your help!!
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:18 PM

All replies

• A very obvious thing, but did you make sure the master page was checked in and approved after changing the ASPMenu attributes?  If not, the other user may be seeing an older copy of the master page that doesn't have the flyouts enabled.
    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP Chief SharePoint
    Architect: Sharesquared Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:50 PM
  • It is checked and it is checked in. I connected right to the site through SharePoint Designer so the changes should have taken effect right when I hit save.  Thanks for the suggestion however, but it must be something else.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:28 PM
  • I figured it out... with your help!!  The problem was the master page was checked in as a draft and not published as a final version and approved.  Everything is working correctly now.  Thanks for your help!!
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:18 PM