none
Print to COM Printer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a POS printer connected to a COM port but there is no printer listed under Devices and Printers in Windows control panel.

It is used to print from the POS system.

I want to know how can I print using C# to the same printer if it's connected to COM?

Thanks,

Jassim

Monday, December 12, 2016 3:07 PM

All replies

• If you connect to COM port, there will not be "plug and play" kick in because the computer will have no way to detect it's model. You have to manually install driver for it.

Alternatively, you may send raw escape command to the printer to print it if all you want to print does not involve graphics (except ASCIIArt type of graphics).

If you want to go that route, the escape command list can be found on the appendix of printer's manual because there's no industrial standard for that. Although some printer vendors choose to follow the one be used by Epson printers instead of creating their own.

• Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:12 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:34 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

as is COM port printer, you need prepare your application with Serial Port object. As sugested in your other topic about thermal printer look to printer documentation how build frame to print. You need make serial communication, so you need set same communication settings on both devices, look to Printer and also your COM port. Your Serial port object can set that communication settings as you need. Pls, can you confirm answer correctly my question in your previous topic about that thermal printer? Is that printer same as i was expected?

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:00 AM