Geocode Mouse-Click to Building Name / Address ?? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the Bing Maps Bird's Eye View.  I am looking at NYC, zoom 18.  It is very dense with buildings at a 45' angle. 

If i were to click a building, how would i go about determining what building it is i clicked on?  For instance if i click the middle or top of the Empire State building how do i determine it was in fact the Empire State Building (@ 350 5th Avenue) ?

At the moment im starting to read the article "Precise Geocoding with MapPoint Web Service and Bing Maps"

Thanks

• Moved by Ricky_Brundritt Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:52 AM (From:Bing Maps: Map Control and Web services Development)
    Monday, October 24, 2011 2:59 PM

Answers

• The percise geocoding article is about MapPoint and has nothing to do with Birdseye. I highly doubt you will be able to get the building you are looking for by clicking on it  in Birdseye at altitude. There is just too much involved here and you need the 3D building data to figure this out. I've hacked away at Birsdseye control in the past and would be very surprised if you were able to find a reliable way to accomplish this.
    http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 6:56 PM