none
PowerPoint Issue Possible Bug RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been recently coding a VSTO add-in for multiple office 2010 applications to add a header/footer to office documents from a drop down list on start-up.

All working fine except for PowerPoint, due to several business reasons we need to append the Handout Master Footer instead of the Slide Master Footer. So manual steps for this process is to go File > Print > Edit Header & Footer > Notes and Handouts > Footer... then this will appear in both this box and the Handout Master View.

My add-in however appends the Handout Master View with this code:

Dim p As PowerPoint.Presentation = a a.HandoutMaster.HeadersFooters.Footer.Text = xxxxxxx

This makes the change I would except to see on the Handout Master View but not the File > Print > Edit Header & Footer > etc.

Any idea what this is caused by as I can only come the conclusion this is a bug.

Thanks,

Charles

Friday, May 30, 2014 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Charles,

The code you provided can only set footer in the Handout Master View.

If you want to set footer from print option as below:

Please try:

ActivePresentation.NotesMaster.HeadersFooters.Footer.Text = "NotesMasterFooter"
    ActivePresentation.NotesMaster.HeadersFooters.Footer.Visible = msoTrue

For more information, please refer to Master.HeadersFooters Property (PowerPoint).

Hope this helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by TechArrayITS Monday, June 2, 2014 10:41 AM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Charles,

The code you provided can only set footer in the Handout Master View.

If you want to set footer from print option as below:

Please try:

ActivePresentation.NotesMaster.HeadersFooters.Footer.Text = "NotesMasterFooter"
    ActivePresentation.NotesMaster.HeadersFooters.Footer.Visible = msoTrue

For more information, please refer to Master.HeadersFooters Property (PowerPoint).

Hope this helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by TechArrayITS Monday, June 2, 2014 10:41 AM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 2:18 AM
  • Perfect! Many Thanks
    Monday, June 2, 2014 10:41 AM