Windows Store Apps In App Purchase

Question

• In the class LicenseInformation () the ProductLicenses is a dictionary with <string,ProductLicense>, my question is, whats the content of string? the "feature name" static in so many sites or the product id?...

The website is not clear, the summaries are not clear, the APPSIMULATOR is not clear (even thow it does use the product id from the simulator file).

If it is the ProductId always, why do some websites say use the feature name??....

Like this...

await CurrentAppSimulator.RequestProductPurchaseAsync("featureName", false);

and this... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn532254.aspx

Can someone make it clear? Is it the number of the product id even after it is published or the name provided while creating the inapp purchase?

Zead

Monday, June 9, 2014 11:10 AM

Answers

• Use the ProductId, which should match the ProductId in the dashboard. The name is just for display purposes and shouldn't matter to the code.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Zead Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:05 PM
    Owner

All replies

• It's the product ID you registered on the dashboard (or in your simulator Xaml for CurrentAppSimulator).

Feature and product are used synonymously here.

--Rob

Monday, June 9, 2014 2:09 PM
    Owner
  • Im refering to this:

<Product ProductId="1" LicenseDuration="0" ProductType="Durable">
                <MarketData xml:lang="en-us">
                    <Name>Product_Permanent_NoAds</Name>
                    <Price>1.00</Price>
                    <CurrencySymbol>$</CurrencySymbol>
                    <CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>
                </MarketData>
    </Product>

The name was specified <Name>Product_Permanent_NoAds</Name> also the same name in dashboard, still what the store is using (at least in simulator) is ProductId="1"... this is the origin of my question.

I find it wierd all the name confusion... so i should use the string specified in dashboard?

Zead

Monday, June 9, 2014 6:14 PM
  • Use the ProductId, which should match the ProductId in the dashboard. The name is just for display purposes and shouldn't matter to the code.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Zead Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:05 PM
    Owner