none
How do I report a bug in the latest version of Azure AD Connect?

Question

• I found a bug and can replicate the issue.  I just don't know who to tell.  Any ideas?

The latest version of the application will not allow special characters in the password that runs the directory synchronization service.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:38 PM

All replies

Released: March 2017
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:38 PM
  • You can tell me and I will forward it to the PG.

So...to summarize...You create your own service account for the sync engine and using a custom install. On the page where you are allowed to enter the service account, the installation (fails?) when there are special characters.

You are using the latest 1.1.443 March build. This used to work so it has regressed.

Is that a good summary? Exactly what problem do you see and where. (Where is the problem visible?)

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:08 AM
  • On the Azure AD Connect setup, using custom setup and another service account and SQL server.  I use my own domain account with a 12-digit alpha-numeric password with special characters (@ and ! specifically).  We were unable to complete the installation of the synchronization service until the special characters were eliminated.

Also, is there a document somewhere that would tell me all AD changes that are made by installing Azure AD Sync?

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:43 PM
  • Thanks, I've forwarded to the PG.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

Is it possible for you to send me your AADConnect installation logs at msftchun_hotmail.com (replace _ with @) so that we can take a look to see what the issue might be please?

Also, can you kindly clarify the following pls:

1. Was the service account a domain or local account?
    2. If domain, do also happen to have a local account with the same username?
    3. What was the password (OK to alter the alphanumerics but please let us see the pattern of special characters).

Thanks,

Chun Yong

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:43 PM