none
.NET Core on ARM64? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

please advise whether .NET Core is supported for ARM64 Win10 IoT Core, specifically NXP iMX8M platform. Currently audio example fails to compile with the following error: "ARM64" is not supported by the referenced SDK "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime, Version=1.1". I don't see such package here either - https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.0, ARM64 seems to be supported for Linux only.

Best regards, Gennady

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hello Gennady,

ARM32 and ARM64 apps run natively without any emulation on Windows 10 on ARM platfrom, while x86 apps run under emulation. To build the Audio sample to natively target the ARM64 platform, you must have Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 or later. For more information, see this document and  blog post. And you may try to modify the project(*.csproj) file as following.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 28, 2019 1:36 AM

All replies

• I have an app that I want to move from RP3 to MX8...and I hit the same issue.  Seems that the app has to be compiled for ARM64 and not ARM32...working on how to do this myself.

Dan DeMerchant

Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:53 AM
  • Hello Gennady Kuznetsov,

I'm not sure you said .NET is .Net Framework or .Net Core. .Net Framework is not supported on Windows IoT Core includes x86, x64 and ARM. But Windows IoT Core supports .Net Core. .Net Core 3.0 Preview can also work on Windows IoT Core, you need to install the ARM SDK on Windows IoT Core.

Could you please provide the link of audio sample? BTW, which build of Visual Studio were you using to compile the project? Visual Studio 2017 15.9 supports for UWP apps on the ARM64 platform.

Please try to update the IDE to 15.9 or later, or install the ARM64 sdk individual.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Hello Michael,

thank you for the reply! Example in question is 

https://github.com/ms-iot/samples/tree/develop/AudioInSample

Sorry for possible confusion, indeed I was looking for .NET Core, not Foundation. I've updated the discussion topic to avoid further confusion. Still, I can't find it for ARM64. I have same checkboxes in my VS (2017, 15.9.16), and there's no problem with C++ apps compilation, but C# doesn't work. In fact, I don't see ARM64 anywhere including your screenshot or .NET Core page https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.0.

Best regards, Gennady

Friday, October 25, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Hello Gennady,

ARM32 and ARM64 apps run natively without any emulation on Windows 10 on ARM platfrom, while x86 apps run under emulation. To build the Audio sample to natively target the ARM64 platform, you must have Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 or later. For more information, see this document and  blog post. And you may try to modify the project(*.csproj) file as following.

Best Regards,

Michael

Monday, October 28, 2019 1:36 AM
  • Thanks again Michael! It did help
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:42 PM