How to upload custom packages(*.dll) to my Azure Web App?(*.azurewebsites.net) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I have absolutely no idea where to ask this, so I asked here..

I have a website,(*.azurewebsites.net) and I want to use the Microsoft.Owin package, and other packages, but I don't know how to upload them into my website's files -- I mean, I uploaded the .dll files into the root directory of the Website, but I don't know how to reference them in HTML, so I may use stuff like Context.GetOwinContext() .

I am editing my website from the App Service Editor, located on Azure, and I am coding with HTML.

Any help would be appreciated ...

Micah P.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer this document. It explains how to implement sign-in to Microsoft through an ASP.NET MVC solution by using a traditional web browser-based application and OpenID Connect.

Thursday, January 2, 2020 6:46 AM
  • You can build the asp.net mvc application which will have a reference of Microsoft.Owin to implement the Sign In. You cannot directly use it in html. 
    Thursday, January 2, 2020 1:44 PM
  • Apologies for any frustrated experience with this issue. For a much closer look and to help provide a specialized assistance on this topic, kindly send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread and the Azure subscription ID.  Thanks for your co-operation!

Monday, January 6, 2020 4:57 PM
  • As pointed out by mitsamjad, OWIN is a middleware library that's used in conjunction with the MVC framework. It's used in C# and not HTML markup. When it comes to packaging, you have several options but by far the easiest is to use Visual Studio to publish your ASP.NET project to your Azure subscription. This will build, package, and deploy your code to the designated resources. You can also elect to use Azure Pipelines for continuous deployment.

Check out this post that goes into pretty good detail on how you would use OWIN middleware.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:56 AM