The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP][XBOX]Bug wih XBOX1 UWP app with WebView (events forwarding) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I found a bug on XB1 UWP (last version updated the 10122016).

The bug is : events from the WebView (Edge I guess) are forwared to the OS in a very weird way if you exiting the focus of the WebView while scrolling or zooming.

Check the video that shows the problem : https://youtu.be/hvcdkUTl3to

It's 100% reproductible in DEV mode and RELEASE mode 

The code is very simple, only XAML :

<Grid Background="{ThemeResource ApplicationPageBackgroundThemeBrush}">
            <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>
                <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/>
            </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<ListView>
                <x:String>Foo1</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo2</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo3</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo4</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo5</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo6</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo7</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo8</x:String>
                <x:String>Foo9</x:String>
            </ListView>

<WebView Grid.Column="1" 
                     Source="https://dev.microsoft.com"
                     />
        </Grid>

Could you fix this bug for the next release (or provide a workaround)

Stephane

• Edited by Barry Wang Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:11 AM title tag
    Wednesday, October 12, 2016 4:32 PM

Answers

• Thanks again for reporting this and the clear repro steps. We've confirmed that we can repro the issue and we've passed it onto the XAML team for further investigation

thanks again

mark

Mark Boulter (Xbox)
    Friday, October 21, 2016 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Poppyto,

Thank you for reporting this issue, we are investigating it.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:29 PM
  • Thank You Franklin, you can also reproduce a similar behavior with Right Stick held 
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:32 PM
  • Thanks again for reporting this and the clear repro steps. We've confirmed that we can repro the issue and we've passed it onto the XAML team for further investigation

thanks again

mark

Mark Boulter (Xbox)
    Friday, October 21, 2016 8:05 PM
  • Great, I hope you could resolve it soon ;)
    Saturday, October 22, 2016 8:19 AM
  • Still not fixed with the last update, Is somebody could work on it ? (I spent a lot of time to send you the bug and detail it clearly, it's not normal nobody fixed it since one month !)
    Sunday, November 20, 2016 5:33 PM
  • Still no answer, does the XAML team fixed it ?
    Monday, December 5, 2016 3:55 PM
  • Hi Poppyto

We appreciate you taking the time to provide clear repro steps. The bug is still open and the team is working on it. It will hopefully make the next major release.

thx

Radu

Monday, December 19, 2016 7:24 PM
  • This issue is still a problem even after a year have passed and is affecting my app as well. When using the controller pointer and giving a WebView focus, the WebView keeps the pointer trapped in the boundaries of the WebView. You have hit some button combinations in order to move the pointer again outside of the bounds of the WebView.
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:55 AM
  • This issue is still a problem even after a year have passed and is affecting my app as well. When using the controller pointer and giving a WebView focus, the WebView keeps the pointer trapped in the boundaries of the WebView. You have hit some button combinations in order to move the pointer again outside of the bounds of the WebView.

Hi AssistantX,

For the original issue, I just verified that it has been fixed in 10.0.16299.4059 OS. The focus can be reset by pressing B controller button.

Please tell us more details, like OS version, your UWP app's target SDK version.

Thanks

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:25 AM