none
Map contents change without user interaction after about 30 seconds RRS feed

• Question

• My app uses maps by geocoding an address and then sets the map to the longitude & latitude returned. For a given scenario, this is what the map looks like when the app first renders it:

I have noticed that if the app retains input focus and you do NOTHING then, after about 30 seconds, the contents of the map changes. On one occasion, I saw just the road highlighting change but the worst example is this one:

You can see the road names still present on the map - just the underlying map contents have changed! The time duration seems to be pretty consistent but the app does need to have input focus in the testing I've done.

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:39 AM

Answers

• I'm sorry, Kristoffer, but it doesn't look like I can :-(.

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to get the right bits of code out of my app into a repro project but I cannot get that to work. To make matters worse, it looks like my own app is now behaving.

The map control does seem to be behaving a bit erratically but I'm not sure if it is down to my code or down to something coming over the wire from the maps service.

All very strange.

You are welcome to the repro project as it is, but it doesn't really seem to show anything other than my poor programming style ;-).

Philip

Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:42 PM

All replies

• Can you provide a repro for this?
    Friday, November 30, 2012 8:38 PM
  • I've noticed the same thing, thought I chalked it up to my beta code hahaha.

What I noticed a couple times is that my map loads nice into the area I have specified, but once I do a geolocate, if I then move the map manually, zoom, pan, etc, then don't do anything for a while, it goes back to my geolocated spot. This doesn't ALWAYS happen, but I did notice it enough to think "hmm, wonder what's causing that". I'm not a map sdk expert yet, so it is possible it's my code, thought I'd chime in though.

DG

Saturday, December 1, 2012 1:12 AM
  • I'm sorry, Kristoffer, but it doesn't look like I can :-(.

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to get the right bits of code out of my app into a repro project but I cannot get that to work. To make matters worse, it looks like my own app is now behaving.

The map control does seem to be behaving a bit erratically but I'm not sure if it is down to my code or down to something coming over the wire from the maps service.

All very strange.

You are welcome to the repro project as it is, but it doesn't really seem to show anything other than my poor programming style ;-).

Philip

Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:42 PM