Azure pipeline run status queued RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Azure environment. i have written some code using .net core that starts Azure pipeline using Azure Data factory. The status of the pipeline run status when trying from my local is always success. I deployed the code in the azure environment. When try to start the pipe line from azure server always the status is queued. what is queued status and what i have to do with it. can some one please help. do i need to change any settings in azure so that the pipeline run will be success

AuthenticationContext context = new AuthenticationContext("https://login.windows.net/" + tenantID);
                ClientCredential cc = new ClientCredential(applicationId, authenticationKey);
                AuthenticationResult result = context.AcquireTokenAsync("https://management.azure.com/", cc).Result;
                ServiceClientCredentials cred = new TokenCredentials(result.AccessToken);
                var client = new Microsoft.Azure.Management.DataFactory.DataFactoryManagementClient(cred) { SubscriptionId = subscriptionId };

CreateRunResponse runResponse = client.Pipelines.CreateRunWithHttpMessagesAsync(resourceGroup, dataFactoryName, pipelineName).Result.Body;
                string RunId = runResponse.RunId;
                PipelineRun pipelineRun;
                while (true)
                {
                    pipelineRun = client.PipelineRuns.Get(resourceGroup, dataFactoryName, runResponse.RunId);
                    if (pipelineRun.Status == "InProgress")
                        System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(15000);
                    else
                        break;
                }

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:36 AM

All replies

• Are you using selfhosted IR ? If yes I could suggest to have a look into the logs on the IR , it should give you more info about the issue .

Thanks Himanshu

Friday, August 2, 2019 9:38 PM
  • I was just checking if the issues is resolved , if yes please update the thread with the resolution so that others can benefit from the same .

Thanks Himanshu

Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:42 PM
  • We have not heard from you , we are assuming that the issue is resolved , please do let us know if it otherwise .

Thanks Himanshu

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:09 PM
  • If concurrency is set as "1" to the pipeline then , queue status of the pipeline indicates that one instance of teh same pipeline is in Progress state and because of that the another instance is going in Queue state. Maximum 100 instances of the same pipeline can be there in queue state , after that the pipelines will start failing.
    Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:52 PM