How to preserve the value of a variable between Rest requests RRS feed

• Question

• For each HandleEvent the _newProduct would be set to true, but while I get HandleAnotherEvent the value of this _newProduct is becoming false. How to preserve this? I dont want to use static variable? Is there any other way?

public sealed class ProductNotificationHandler : INotificationHandler<HandleEvent>, INotificationHandler<HandleAnotherEvent>

{

private bool _newProduct = false;

public async Task Handle(HandleEvent eventNotification, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            {

_newProduct = eventNotification.NewProduct

}

public async Task Handle(HandleAnotherEvent eventNotification, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
            {

if(_newProduct)} //do logic

}

}

public class PublishNotification() : IPublishNotification

{

_mediator.Publish(new HandleEvent{ NewProduct= true;}, CancellationToken.None);

}

Statup.cs

{

services.AddSingleton<ProductNotificationHandler>();

builder.RegisterType<PublishNotification>().As<PublishNotification>().SingleInstance();

}

Friday, August 28, 2020 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi KGKrishna,
    The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    Based on your description, I suggest you go to ASP.NET forum for more professional answer.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

"Windows Forms General" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows Forms General" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, August 31, 2020 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

since you are relying meditor pattern, I think that using a cache dictionary exposed as a singleton should be a good way to store last state:

public class StateHandler{ private StateHandler(){ LastState = new Dictionary<string, object>(); } private StateHandler _instance; public static StateHandler DefaultStateHandler { get {

// you can use lock block:

// lock(new objecy()){ ... > _instance = _instance ?? new StateHandler(); return _instance;

// ... > } } } public Dictionary<string, object> LastState { get; private set; } public void SetValue(string key, object value) { LastState.Add(key, value); } }

and then register it as singleton and use it to store/get last state.

here is an article about sharing context by M. Jimmy Bogard: https://jimmybogard.com/sharing-context-in-mediatr-pipelines/

best regards.

Monday, August 31, 2020 11:55 AM