none
Kinect + MBP 15' 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Bonjour,

j'ai acheté la nouvelle Kinect + l'adaptateurs pour la connecter à mon MBP Retina 15' mi-2014 OS X Yosemite,

j'ai installé Windows 8.1 et lancé le Windows V2 SDK.... malheureusement, après avoir lancé Kinect Configuration, il m'indique un soucis avec mes Ports USB :

Unknow USB 3.0 port detected. Your USB configuration may support Kinect for windows

Pourtant cela marche pour la plupart des personnes qui en parle... que dois je faire ?

est on obligé d'installer Windows 8.1 ou peut on l'utiliser avec OS X ?

j'utilise des logiciels comme processing afin de mettre en œuvre des installations numérique interactive par le biais de vidéo-projecteur.

Google translate...;-)

Hello,
    I bought the new Kinect + adapter to connect it to my MBP Retina 15 'mid-2014 OS X Yosemite,
    I installed Windows 8.1 and launched the Windows SDK V2 .... unfortunately, after launching Kinect setup, it tells me problems with my USB Ports:
    Unknow USB 3.0 port detected. May your USB media Kinect for Windows configuration
    Yet it works for most people who talk about ... what should I do?
    it is required to install Windows 8.1 or can it be used with OS X?
    I use software like processing to implement interactive digital installations via video projector.

thanks for responding !!!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:45 PM

All replies

• If its a warning(orange) ignore the warning if you are able to get 30fps on the color and depth. I am assuming Apple hasn't changed their USB3 host controller chipset, so you shouldn't have an issue there, but bandwidth could be an issue. Have a look at the troubleshooting thread for steps you can try to ensure the energy/power saving options are not set to limit the bandwidth:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb379e8b-4258-40d6-92e4-56dd95d7b0bb/confirmed-list-of-usb-30-pcie-cardslaptopsconfigurations-which-work-for-kinect-v2-during?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:43 AM
  • thanks for your response,

In the Kinect Configuration viewer, i have an "orange !" for the USB and for the Kinect deph and color Stream...

and a "Red X" for the Kinect Connected...

I'm going to check with an USB 3.0 Hub or an Thunderbolt to USB 3.0

keep in touch  ;-)

Thursday, April 23, 2015 1:10 AM