Windows 8 Phone app Web Service banking data

Question

• I am building an App that will use a banking instrument to return read only transaction statements to the windows 8 Phone app. What are the approaches to set this up? How would the user configure the app to return his/her personal account statements to the app? I am using C# to build this app. Are there any samples that I can glean from? Thanks for your help in advance.

Alvin

Friday, March 28, 2014 4:26 PM

Answers

• You will have to contact Bank A if you want to use Bank A's data.  Bank B will probably have a different method of login or a different set of data that they will license to you (if at all.)

Financial institutions aren't really known for their openness in my region, but maybe elsewhere you'll have luck.

You can play with this though: http://data.worldbank.org/developers/api-overview

Darin R.

Monday, March 31, 2014 4:07 PM

All replies

• All these questions are probably better to ask the financial institution that you are going to use.  Their API would instruct you how to configure the user, what protocol(s) to use, etc.

Darin R.

Friday, March 28, 2014 5:16 PM
  • Thanks for your quick response. Is there any other light that can be shed on the subject? Are you saying that I would have to get info from all the major banking institutions if I want to make this available to a wide cross section of users? I was looking for an approach that would give me an idea of the basic code structure and a general authentication for the users.

Thanks.

Friday, March 28, 2014 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

Would you create a windows store app or windows phone app. If your app is windows phone, you should go to windows phone forum to post your thread.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, March 31, 2014 7:04 AM
  • You will have to contact Bank A if you want to use Bank A's data.  Bank B will probably have a different method of login or a different set of data that they will license to you (if at all.)

Financial institutions aren't really known for their openness in my region, but maybe elsewhere you'll have luck.

You can play with this though: http://data.worldbank.org/developers/api-overview

Darin R.

Monday, March 31, 2014 4:07 PM