locked
Blend 4 and Blend 4.1 (silverlight 5 preview) performance issues RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I've installed in my computer (1,8Mhz dual core, Nvidia cuda, 4GB Ram) Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, Blend 4 and Blend 4.1 (SL 5 preview), and the last week Blen 4 and Blend 4.1 start to have very huge performance issues. If I start a new Silverlight project (Visual Basic) and create a new buitton and select the Properties tab... takes about 5 sec to display the properties, and if I want to search for a particular property (eg: content) it takes about 30 to 40 sec to display...

     

    I did not have these problems a few months ago... I've uninstalled Blend 4 and Blend 4.1 and reinstall again but the problem mantains...

    Could it be something "out" Blend? some DLL or some addon installed in other program (visual studio?)

    I don't have any performance issues in visual studio when I'm using silverlight or any kind of projects.

     

    help!?

     

     

     

     

    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:20 PM

All replies

  • Have you tried the basics like opening up your task manager and looking the memory usage of other apps that might be running? Have you set your machine to run in Performance mode? I would suggest more RAM personally, Blend is a notorious hog but it can be a beautiful beast.
    Mark answered questions to help others.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Hi Mark,

    I've installed a Virtual Machine (win 7, the same OS) on my computer and Blend (inside this VM) works perfectly. I don't understand what app/file/process may be affecting the Blend performance.

    I've uninstalled/reinstalled all the apps that are related with Silverlight and Visual Studio and the problem still remaining when I re-installed Blend...

     

    Well, I guess I've found the solution: "Format C:\"

    The first app that I will go to install (after format) will be Blend, and then I'll give feedback here.

     

    Thank you for your support.

     

     

     

    Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Well... a format solved the problem... I guess I will never know what was the real problem!

     

     

    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:45 AM