none
Visual Studio - Open project developed with Lightswitch RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old project developed with Lightswitch that i'm trying to open in Visual Studio 2015. When i open an ".sln" file for each of the modules of this project, all of the folders of the project appear as unavailable regardless of the solution package that i open.

When i try to reload the project, i always get the following error:

"These projects are not Supported

The following projects are not supported by either this edition of Visual Studio or the version of Windows installed on this computer. There may be steps you can take to open these projects, such as installing a different edition of Visual Studio or upgrading to the latest version of Windows."

I would like to know how to get around this issue. Is it possible to open a project developed with Lightswitch in a more recent version of Visual Studio? If so, then how?

Monday, May 28, 2018 11:19 AM

All replies

• If you run the VS installer again, can you see an option to add Lightswitch? If not, you'll have to get hold of an older version and use that.

Bear in mind that if the solution was developed in VS2010 (which means Lightswitch 2011), then you won't be able to open it in a later version anyway. You can import it into Vs2012, but not a later version. Having done this, I can assure you that you really don't want to do it! Get hold of the version of VS that was used originally, and stick with that. You'll have enough grief trying to support a LS solution nowadays anyway, don't make it harder for yourself.

Hope that helps.

• Edited by Mr Yossu Monday, May 28, 2018 3:58 PM
    Monday, May 28, 2018 3:55 PM