locked
SearchBox double characters when FocusOnKeyboardInput is set to true and using on screeen keyboard on Surface RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    in my app I have a SearchBox control with FocusOnKeyboardInput set to True:

    <SearchBox FocusOnKeyboardInput="True" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Right" Width="200" Margin="0,68,60,0" />

    When I run my application on Surface RT (with no keyboard attached), and I tap the search box control to enter a text, each time I press a key in the onscreen keyboard, the character is added twice in the search box control.
    If I set FocusOnKeyboardInput to False, the problem is no more present.

    Is this a bug of the SearchBox control?

    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:49 AM

Answers

  • FYI: this is a bug and we are working on a fix.  I don't know when it will be released, and I couldn't say if I did know. :-)

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Monday, January 13, 2014 4:24 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • I can't reproduce this.  I am not sure what's going on in your environment.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:38 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Matt,

    here you can find a sample application to reproduce the problem:

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9254CCAFCE7EE400!7499&authkey=!AJfyhwaf12msB1I&ithint=file%2c.zip

    I have a Surface RT (first version) with Windows RT in English UK with Italian keyboard.

    This is a screenshot of the problem:

    Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:19 AM
  • I can reproduce this on Surface RT but not on my non-RT machine.  I will ask about this.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Thursday, January 2, 2014 2:35 PM
    Moderator
  • FYI: this is a bug and we are working on a fix.  I don't know when it will be released, and I couldn't say if I did know. :-)

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Monday, January 13, 2014 4:24 PM
    Moderator