none
I seem to not even be able to create a project...

Question

• Visual Studio starts up fine and all but when I click new project and I go through the motions of picking my C++ file and giving it a name with an empty project and click create it closes the window for about 1 second then brings it up again as if I'm creating another project and my project that I tried to make does not exist and there is no project folder created when I have it selected to create it's own.

• Moved by Sunil Hurkadli Saturday, November 21, 2015 12:31 PM Not related to VSO
    Friday, November 20, 2015 7:32 PM

Answers

• Hi JacobtheQQuick,

Which version of Visual Studio and OS are you using? Does the Visual Studio works fine before this problem occurred?

Please try to open the log switch to record the Visual Studio operations log with the command of "/Log". The Activelog.xml file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. Please Upload the log file to OneDirve and share the link here.

In addition, please try with following steps to troubleshoot this problem.

1. Run Visual Studio as Administrator.
    2. Run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Run devenv /Resetsettings to eliminate the cause of corrupted settings in command prompt.
    4. Run devenv /ResetSkipPkgs in Command Prompt to skip loading added to VSPackages by users wishing to avoid loading problem VSPackages.
    5. Close all third part software when you run Visual Studio, such as antivirus software.

If the problem still exist, please try to repair or re-install your Visual Studio from Control Panel -> Visual Studio -> Change -> Repair or uninstall.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, November 23, 2015 6:01 AM