Running seamless job on Desktop mode from Metro mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I am developing a Metro application which should retrieve the machine MAC address which it runs on. 

Clearly, it cannot be done from the Metro. 

It is possible to run some process which will be seamless to the user yet successfully retrieve the MAC address? 

Thanks in advance!

Monday, December 16, 2013 9:04 AM

Answers

• No, this is not possible, and it's by-design.  You will have to run a desktop app in order to get this information. 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by ynahmany Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:11 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:37 PM

All replies

• No, this is not possible, and it's by-design.  You will have to run a desktop app in order to get this information. 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by ynahmany Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:11 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Thanks for your help! 
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:11 AM