none
Reserved name expiration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have reserved some names for my apps, that I have on other platforms and websites that I intend to extend by a Windows Store app, but some of that names are soon going to expire (1 year rule). Is it possible to keep them longer? They are definitely my "property", but at the same time, I can't use any copyright rules, because I'm not a company.

Can I for example delete the app and reserve the name again (will that extend the reservation again for another year?)?

Thank you very much

Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:44 AM

Answers

• I think , They are definitely your "property" only in that platform(for ex, Android). 

Also, You cant extend the period, but reserve the name again immediately when the period overs so that i cant be used by some other developer.

Pradeep AJ

Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:58 PM

All replies

• You could contact support and see if they will extend the reservation on the name.  I would think you should be able to reserve the name again right after the reservation expires.  Of course you always could publish an app to hold the name.
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:13 PM
  • I think , They are definitely your "property" only in that platform(for ex, Android). 

Also, You cant extend the period, but reserve the name again immediately when the period overs so that i cant be used by some other developer.

Pradeep AJ

Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:58 PM