Azure File Services not available in preview RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a high availability cloud service with 2 running instances and have encountered an issue with data that was being saved to the RoleEnvironment drive which is of course inaccessible if the user is moved to the other server by the load balancer. I have therefore been investigating shared files between the instances where I could maintain the file structure of the uploaded zip file after unzipping it but the Azure File Service is not available in preview. Can I please request this for any of the two subscriptions I belong to please
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Azure File Serive is still in Preview and is not GA ( General Availability ) yet.

Below link provides further information about the same

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2014/05/12/introducing-microsoft-azure-file-service.aspx

Regards,

Sowmya

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Azure File Serive is still in Preview and is not GA ( General Availability ) yet.

Below link provides further information about the same

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2014/05/12/introducing-microsoft-azure-file-service.aspx

Regards,

Sowmya

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:24 PM
  • Hi,

I have replied for the file service and received and email from azure team saying "Files preview has been activated".

Even though, creating a new storage account - still

1. from the portal files preview in not available.

2.from cmd azure shell - 

The remote name could not be resolved: 'XYZW.file.core.windows.net' (just replaced the real url)

=> It was not really activated for my subscription.

Can you advice?

Adi

Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:19 AM
  • can any body advice for the same . as i have also got mail that it is activated but still getting issue .

Monday, March 2, 2015 5:51 AM
  • Hi Mohit (& Adi if this old issue never did get resolved for you),

First, Azure Files only work for new accounts created after your preview has been activated. The easiest ways to check if a new account has the file endpoint or not:

1) Current portal (manage.windowsazure.com): Click on the account, click "Dashboard", you should see Files under service with an end point (see example screenshot at end of message)

2) Alternatively, you can run from a cmd window: "nslookup <youraccountname>.file.core.windows.net". If your account has a file endpoint, the nslookup will resolve rather than saying "can't find the domain"

If you don't see the files end point on new accounts with the above method(s), please let us know and we can look further.

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:53 AM