none
System.AccessViolationException RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,
    At home run VS 2005 in Vista Ultimate 64, ant at work XP 32.
    And i have an project built at my work, When i tryed to take that hom to my Home computer i get following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Checke in KB in articel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923028 But when i tryed to install that hotfix i get following error:
    "The upgrade patch cannot be installet by the Windows Installer service beacause the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and thet you have the correct upgrade patch."

I tryed all 3 diffrent versions but same result. "303312_intl_i386_zip.exe", "303310_intl_ia64_zip.exe" and "303311_intl_x64_zip.exe" .

Best regards

Gert
    GLi
    • Changed type Figo Fei Monday, July 21, 2008 3:40 AM no follow up
    Monday, July 14, 2008 7:30 PM

All replies

• You mean the error occured at runtime or design time?
    The hotfix you found was applying to the situation that you use .NET Remoting, did you use .NET Remoting in your program?

Also can you catch the exception in your code, "try catch finally" and to check the stacktrace?

Did you try running the application by "run as Administrator" on Vista?

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Edited by Figo Fei Friday, July 18, 2008 2:24 AM stacktrace may help
    Friday, July 18, 2008 2:21 AM