none
SDK and Referencing / Runtime RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I found a similar thread, but it does not help me.

[First, I need to say that I have never worked with a Kinect or Visual C# 2010 Express before. My teacher just gave me his Kinect and told me to prepare a presentation about how to develop little applications, so I had to work along some internet tutorials, which may are already too old. I have the latest SDK version, Visual C# 2010 Express and .NET Framework 4.]

All tutorials tell me that I need to add Microsoft.Research.Kinect in the References. I can only add Microsoft.Kinect maybe it is not a big deal (I think it was just renamed in the new SDK version?), but I can't define the Runtime of Kinect (The Type- or Namespacename couldn't be found), so it might be a problem with the References (?)(It was done in all the tutorials I've found).

I've re-installed it few times, without success.

I'm sorry if this was a stupid question and also about my awkward English (I'm not an native speaker).

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft.Kinect is the correct reference for the current 1.5 SDK and Toolkit release. If that is what you are using, do the Toolkit samples run/compile properly? If so, you may be referencing outdated sample code that needs to be ported to the current release.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:11 AM
  • Thank You.

Yes, the samples are okay. So initializing the runtime "got" just another name aswell, and I just need to replace it? I found this page:  http://robrelyea.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/k4w-details-of-api-changes-from-beta2-to-v1-managed/#kinectSensor  ;but the NEW CODE for the KinectSensor initialization does not show completely at this moment.

Friday, September 21, 2012 4:03 PM
  • yes remove the reference to Microsoft.Research.Kinect and use Microsoft.Kinect
    • Proposed as answer by Todd Ferkingstad Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by K.haos.Prinz Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:18 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 7:47 PM
  • Thank you.

I should start reading the patchnotes^^

Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:21 AM