Failed to access IIS metabase, please help. RRS feed

• Question

• User1063681570 posted

I enabled all permissions that I could  by searching the web but it is still giving me an error. Please help. I am using XP PRo.

Server Error in '/DRC' Application.

Failed to access IIS metabase.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase.

The process account used to run ASP.NET must have read access to the IIS metabase (e.g. IIS://servername/W3SVC). For information on modifying metabase permissions, please see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267904.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase.]
       System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.MapPathCaching(String siteID, VirtualPath path) +3591442
       System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.System.Web.Configuration.IConfigMapPath2.MapPath(String siteID, VirtualPath vpath) +9
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull) +169
       System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +389
       System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +243
       System.Web.CachedPathData.GetApplicationPathData() +68
       System.Web.CachedPathData.GetVirtualPathData(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitPathsOutsideApp) +3536567
       System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetLKGRuntimeConfig(VirtualPath path) +189

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Monday, March 3, 2008 6:10 PM

Answers

• User-2121318653 posted

do this step 

1. Unregistered all the versions of ASP.NET with command "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis –ua".

2. Deleted the ASPNET account from "Local Users and Group – Users".

3. Then registered ASP.NET 2.0 with IIS using "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis –i".

4. Gave permissions to the ASPNET account using "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis –ga machinename\ASPNET".

5. Reset the IIS and that resolved the issue for ASP.NET 2.

hope this will help you ^^

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 3, 2008 9:50 PM