none
File association icon with the new XAML based IE RRS feed

• Question

• When I include the XAML based Internet Explorer there is no association between html file and the application. I am not sure whether something has gone bad with my build or Microsoft forgot to add this like they forgot to set an icon on the desktop for the application. Can anyone confirm that they do not have file association as well?

I have found the MSDN article that lays the registry keys for the association. However, I don't know what  value should be entered to set a default icon.How can I get the value?

Thanks,

Shai

Sunday, August 1, 2010 7:02 AM

All replies

• OK. Let me rephrase one of the questions:

I saw that the DefaultIcon for the regular IE uses this value in the registry: "iesample.exe,-108"

How can one deduce the -108 for the icon? That way I can see the sources for the project of the XAML IE and find the number myself.

Thanks,

Shai

Monday, August 2, 2010 8:41 AM
  • Shai:

If you open iesample.exe in Visual Studio, you will be able to see the icons and the associated numbers.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, August 2, 2010 1:44 PM
  • Excellent. Good to know, thank you.

I guess the icons come from the rc file. I guess that since iesample_exr does not have icons when I open it, it does not contain any icons at compile time, right?

Shai

Monday, August 2, 2010 2:09 PM