none
Can't see Interrupt Out Transfer payload with USB capture RRS feed

• Question

• Following the instructions at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj151573%28v=vs.85%29.aspx, I've run a logman trace of the Microsoft-Windows-USB-USBPORT and Microsoft-Windows-USB-USBHUB providers (I don't have any USB 3.0 ports or hubs on this system, so PartialDataBusTrace vs FullDataBusTrace doesn't come into play here).

Using the Message Analyzer, I can see the payload on Interrupt In Transfer events (no screenshots because the forum won't let me post them):

Name Value Type
    LengthRequested 8 UInt32
    LengthCompleted 8 UInt32
    TransferData 84,8F,00,00,E8,F7,99,7D BinaryValue

On Interrupt Out Transfers, however, I see no data even though the LengthRequested and LengthCompleted were both 7 bytes. I'm 99% sure the host application is sending data to the Out Endpoint:

Name Value Type
    LengthRequested 7 UInt32
    LengthCompleted 7 UInt32
    TransferData BinaryValue

Any suggestions or tips? I'm on a 64-bit Windows 7 system, if that helps.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:54 PM

All replies

• I have the same issue, did you ever figure it out?
    Friday, May 13, 2016 4:42 PM
  • No, unfortunately not. Since I'm building a project with a microcontroller, I just added a CDC USB endpoint and connected a terminal program to it to receive debug messages. That seems to be the quickest and easiest way.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 4:38 PM
  • I am having the same "problem". There appears to be no way to show the USB OUT data content (payload) for either bulk or interrupt transfers. As you have observed, the USB IN data content is shown (in the "TransferData" column). I was expecting that the "SourceData" column would show the host-to-target data content, but that column is always empty.

Have you found a solution for this? Thanks.

Friday, October 28, 2016 8:33 PM