VS2008 ClickOnce Publishing now failing RRS feed

• Question

• User-359936451 posted

All of the sudden ClickOnce publishing has stopped working in Visual Studio 2008.

I am getting this error....

ERROR DETAILS  Following errors were detected during this operation.  * [1/15/2014 12:14:43 PM] System.ArgumentException   - Value does not fall within the expected range.   - Source: System.Deployment   - Stack trace:    at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.LockApplicationPath(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionAppId ApId, IntPtr& Cookie)    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.LockApplicationPath(DefinitionAppId definitionAppId)    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.LockApplicationPath(DefinitionAppId definitionAppId)    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.PatchFiles(SubscriptionState subState)    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

I have tried to upgrade the application to VS2012 and deploy there but am getting the same error.

Note system changes since this last worked.

- Installed VS2012 Pro     - Installed VS2013 RC     - Upgraded IE 9 to IE10 and IE11, had no choice.

**IE 11 says that it can not access the setup.exe file of the web site to execute the OneClick install.**

- Installed VS2013Express without removing VS2013RC     - Misc. other MS updates.

- Removed VS2010Express

Checked IIS (ver6) still set to serve executable files.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:37 PM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi march,

Thanks for your post!

As far as I know, ClickOnce deployment allows us to publish Windows-based applications instead of web application.

I suggest that you should post it in the ClickOnce and Setup&Deployment Projects forum for more efficient response.

**IE 11 says that it can not access the setup.exe file of the web site to execute the OneClick install.**

In my opinion, we can’t execute the setup.exe by access it from IE directly.

On the other hand, there is a link that may benefit you:

# ClickOnce Deployment 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t71a733d(v=vs.80).ASPX

Thanks

Best Regards  

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:44 AM