error code 2869 (starter kit) RRS feed

• Question

• User-1690769677 posted

Hello

I tried to install portal starter kit (http://www.asp.net/downloads/archived-v11) , but I found error code (2869) in installing. 

i changed my windows from vista to xp, but the same error. i have the log file as below  (some lines in the log file):

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: WelcomeForm, BannerBmp, to the right
    MSI (c) (94:68) [21:01:58:578]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Error 3: -2147287038

---------------------------------------------------------

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>software:</o:p>

<o:p>windows xp</o:p>

<o:p>sql server management studio 2008</o:p>

<o:p>ASP.NET 2008</o:p>

<o:p></o:p> 

Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:55 AM

All replies

• User1283497924 posted

Hi,

Please follow the steps this may solve ur problme

1) Copy the .MSI file to the root directory of your main hard drive (i.e. C:\).

2) Open Windows Notepad.

3) Copy this text into windows notepad:

msiexec /i C:\program_name.msi

(You can write the total path of your .msi file in the system, after msiexec /i.)

4) Replace the text "program_name" in the code that you copied with the actual name of the .MSI file .

5) Click File -> Save As...

Instead of saving it as a .txt file, change the file name to installer.bat.

Save the file to your desktop.

6) On your desktop, right click on the file and select Run as Administrator.

This will run the .msi file properly to install the application in the system.

check this link also

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mshneer/archive/2007/03/02/windows-installer-fails-on-vista-with-2869-error-code.aspx#1805190

Saturday, August 14, 2010 1:12 PM
  • User-1690769677 posted

thanks, my windows was vista and i did that procedure you mentioned but it did not work. i changed my windows to xp but same error. i want to work on ASP.NET Portal starter kit, is there any way or any place (Address) for having that (open source), because i can not install that and i do not know how i have to solve that.i could not find solution for installing in google search.

thanks in advanced.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 1:46 AM