How to configure VoIP on WM 6/6.5? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have 2 devices HTC Touch Pro 2 (WM 6.1) and HTC HD2 (WM 6.5). I tried to configure SIPsettings/SIPSettings by means of OMA client provisioning (like this sample: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737270.aspx), and then tried to get its value but it returns "no such parameter" ("noparm" in terms of client provisioning).

So how can I define if my devices support VoIP or not? If yes, then how can I set/get SIP settings values?

Thanks much,

Panam

Friday, October 1, 2010 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Question:  How can I determine if my device supports VoIP or not? 

Answer: That is a good question, since VoIP is an optional component of Windows Mobile 6. The SIP and RTC Client APIs are for use by the IP Phone application, so are not documented in the SDK. However, the configuration (CSP) and Registry settings are documented in the SDK for Windows Mobile 6.

Here are two ways to determine if the optional VoIP component is built into your device:

1. Look on the Programs menu to see if "IP Phone" is listed. If there is a shortcut, the device supports VoIP.

2. Query or attempt to configure VoIP using the VoIP CSP. If it returns "noparm" then the component does not exist.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 12:25 PM