How to: Change Fonts and Colors in Visual Studio - print statements only RRS feed

• Question

• In my code I use print statements during debugging.

Comment statement lines are all green.

It would be great if in the IDE I could change the color of the "print" statement to something more quickly visible.  So that I can go back and find the print statements and comment them out.

Is there a way to change the color of this?

• Edited by T9876 Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:07 PM
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi T9876,

I'm afraid Visual Studio does not have such feature.
    But, instead, you could find "Print" statement easily using [Find and Replace] with "print". [Find] feature could make the word "print" highlighted.

P.S. sorry, I forgot negative (does not). thank you for your understanding my intension.

Sunday, April 23, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Hmm, that's too bad that feature is not available.

Yes, searching for the "print" statement is an alternative.  I will do that next time.   I have used search for other searches but not that.  In fact now that I think about it, using search is much better than what I was doing to find "print" statements.  That is a very good idea.

Thank you

Sunday, April 23, 2017 5:09 PM
  • Hi T9876,

Agree with Ashidacchi, do you try the workaround, does it work for you?

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 6:53 AM