Removing app package for Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I own one of the top 50 paid apps in the Windows 8 Store. Recently the app broke and needed an update to fix it, so I submitted a new version of the app for Windows 8 with the bugs fixed, but this version failed certification due to changes in Windows app icon / logo policy.

Instead of updating my Windows 8 version to comply with the new policy, I decided since this version did not get accepted anyway, I would spend some time to migrate the app to be a Windows 8.1 app, and also fix the app icons / logo. But now when I go to 'edit the release' of my Windows 8 app, and add a Windows 8.1 package, I see no way to remove the Windows 8 package that had failed certification before.

Will this cause my app release to fail certification? Is there any way to remove the Windows 8 package from this release since I don't need to release it anymore since I have a working / policy compliant Windows 8.1 package? My app is already converted to a Windows 8.1 app so I have no way to generate a Windows 8 app package anymore that would pass certification.

Monday, June 15, 2015 7:49 PM