none
Trying To fix Winamp browser problem RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot write a lick of code. I am trying to open and edit the omnibrowser files for the Winamp player because it has major security problems. Those 2 files are wbm and w5s files. Visual studio wont open them. any suggestions as to how to proceed?
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 12:34 PM

All replies

• Hi durtydev,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you try to right-click the file and choose open with Visual Studio?

The Visual Studio can distinguish files with different suffix types and edit them but the premise is that you should manually configure the file extension.

You can open the menu in Visual Studio-->Tools-->Options-->Text Editor-->File Extension

You can input the specific suffix name into the dialog box "Extension"  and choose which editor to modify the files.

If so, reopen the VS and you can editor any file you want.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:04 AM
  • Hi durtydev,

Did you have any update? In the File Extension, you can select any file with a different suffix type and then open them with a specific optional editor.

If the issue still persists, please feel free to let us know. 

We are willing to help you further.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:31 AM
  • Hi durtydev,

Sorry for bothering you. Are there any update for it?

For your requirement, I'm afraid the answer is negaive. As far as I know, these two files are media files which is for Winamp, and the Winamp is player but the Visual studio is more like a code editor.

So we recommend you could try to open and edit them using webmin modules or macromedia fireworks.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:56 AM
  • I was trying to modify the wrong file. The xml for the omnibrowser is located in the add on folder. And the browser is built into the Big Beneto skin. Unfortunately my work is at a standstill as I picked up a nasty little piece of malware possibly a Trojan that I'm having a hard time getting rid of. 

So I'm throwing the idea out here if anyone wants to modify the browser so it calls up the native edge browser and it's security settings instead of the built in browser that is a huge security risk. 

Monday, August 19, 2019 4:06 AM
  • Hi durtydev,

For this type of file, we recommend Webmin Module, Macromedia Fireworks, WinBatch, as dylan said.

But for problems with your computer environment, we suggest you do a thorough examination.

If you have questions about using VS, we are glad to help you further.

Best Regards,

Perry

Monday, August 19, 2019 11:11 AM