none
Easiest way to export data from Tally ERP 9.0 in SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Which one is easy way to export data from Tally ERP 9.0 to SQL Server programmatically? By ODBC connection or XML generation?

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:52 AM

Answers

• XML Generation: It will not be a Real time Data export as you need manual interventions for someone to create those XML file from Tally 9 UI and place it for you.

ODBC: ODBC options look great but AFIK, you need to understand bit TDL language of Tally to get the required data.

Apart from the above two options I would suggest you to choose with Tally XML Interface (Kind of SOAP web service) which will give you real time data.

Refer This Article

So to answer your question, you can choose between ODBC and Tally XML Interface based on your requirements.

Lingaraj Mishra

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:24 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Thank you so much.

• Marked as answer by ankshu P Friday, December 21, 2012 5:08 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:59 AM

All replies

• XML Generation: It will not be a Real time Data export as you need manual interventions for someone to create those XML file from Tally 9 UI and place it for you.

ODBC: ODBC options look great but AFIK, you need to understand bit TDL language of Tally to get the required data.

Apart from the above two options I would suggest you to choose with Tally XML Interface (Kind of SOAP web service) which will give you real time data.

Refer This Article

So to answer your question, you can choose between ODBC and Tally XML Interface based on your requirements.

Lingaraj Mishra

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:24 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Thank you so much.

• Marked as answer by ankshu P Friday, December 21, 2012 5:08 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 4:59 AM
  • Hi friends,

My name is Shreya Mohan. I am working in UBL VAT consultancy services UAE. We are the no.1 uae vat registration online service providers. According to my opinion by XML generation is the better way to export data from Tally ERP 9.0 to SQL Server programmatically.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:45 AM
  • here are queries / stored procedure to export SQL Data To Tally XML 

https://blog.sansoftinfotech.co.in/2020/03/sql-query-to-export-sql-data-to-tally.html

Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:10 PM