none
persist value in custom web part in pdp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In PWA -> Server Settings, I can create lookup tables and then create custom fields which are placed on PDP.  However I needed a bit more, so I created custom web part to include multiple check boxes and placed it on PDP.  When I create a EPT, all custom fields created in server settings persist their values after clicking "save" or "next" on the ribbon except for my custom control.  How can I achieve the same and persist the user selected values?  Your help is always appreciated.

Thanks,

kashif

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean to say that when you click on Save button on the ribbon your custom webpart's data should be saved? If yes, you need to hook up your web part with the Save button on the ribbon.  Here you'll find of what I'm talking about. Kindly let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Thanks, Kashif

Monday, May 14, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Hi,

I actually wanted to save the data selected in Project Server database for ease of reporting in future.  Hooking the save would have been one of the steps, had rest of the steps completed as expected.  I tried multiple combinations to no avail and at the end of the day, I implemented a custom store to hold the value from my custom web part.    I was able to explore some features, though might not work in my current situation but, can work in other scenarios.  Here is quick outline:

- authenticated user on PSI (LoginWindows ASMX)

- retrieve ProjectWssDataSet (Project ASMX)

now if i want to automate some functionality such as updating a field (custom field created in Project Server) based on another value, so I will

- force checkin the project (Project ASMX)

- checkout the project (Project ASMX)

- make changes and check in (Project ASMX)

The user in the app pool might not have sufficient rights to (LoginWindows), so an appropriate account can be used (Credentials).

Happy Coding!

kashif

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:32 PM
  • But your first question can only be done through hooking up of Save button. As I've done that before I know it's not a very straightforward way. Anyway I'm glad your problem solved!

Thanks, Kashif

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:04 PM