file recovery tool

Question

• Does anyone have done a file recovery tool by using visual basic? Starting from reading the $MFT until the recovery process. I got stuck in making the 'save to' button which will be using as the recovery button to retrieve the deleted file. Your help will be much appreciated. 
    Saturday, March 11, 2017 3:25 AM

Answers

• Does anyone have done a file recovery tool by using visual basic? Starting from reading the $MFT until the recovery process. I got stuck in making the 'save to' button which will be using as the recovery button to retrieve the deleted file. Your help will be much appreciated. 

Have a look here - Maybe Helpful

• Marked as answer by Falcon Dev Monday, March 20, 2017 2:20 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Asyraf,

Based on your description, you can create the same file in a new location and then save the file data on  the new file, I find this article about undeleting a file in NTFS you can refer to.

Hope it is helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 6:34 AM
  • Unfortunately, ive been researching at the codes you are suggesting me since previously. But seems the tools is just for reading the attributes in $MFT and no recovery option is available.

p/s: May i know more about what you meant on creating the same file in a new location? Maybe brief explanation to it. 

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:07 AM

Have a look here - Maybe Helpful

• Marked as answer by Falcon Dev Monday, March 20, 2017 2:20 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 5:50 AM
  • Thank you devon. Ive found what ive been looking for. Much appreciated. Thanks again. :)
    Monday, March 20, 2017 2:22 PM
  • Hi cole,

May i ask you to delete this post? ive got some problem that i need to repost on based on this post.

Thank you again :)

Monday, May 08, 2017 6:03 PM