Specified User/Group Authentication WIth Only Attached Data Sources RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VS 2012 Update 2 LightSwitch application that uses only attached data sources. I'd like to enable authentication to allow only specific Windows users or groups to run the application. When I change the authentication type from no authentication to my desired type and check the Generate SQL script checkbox the following line is added to the <connection strings> section of the web.config in the published zip package

<add name="_IntrinsicData" connectionString="_IntrinsicData Placeholder" />

but I see no entries in the parameters.xml file in the zip package that would allow me to set the connection string value for this entry at deploy time. The SetParameters.xml file does not contain the DatabaseAdministratorConnectionString/DatabaseUserName et al parameters that I see when deploying a LightSwitch application that uses a database created within LightSwitch.

If I try to deploy the package on a server I get an error stating the sql script can't be found where the path to the script is the path on my development box.

I saw in another post there is an updated LightSwitch publish wizard in the latest Azure SDK release. I installed that but to no avail.

Is there a way to use out-of-the-box authentication/authorization when using only attached data sources or do I need to implement custom authentication/authorization?

Thanks,

Mike

Thursday, June 6, 2013 3:19 PM