none
Unable to browse WCF service in windows 2012 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an application deployed on to windows 2012 server with CLR .Net framework 2.0 the dlls used in this application are targeted to 2.0,3.0,3.5.

After migrating all the dlls of this application to .Net Framework 4.5, i physically copied these dlls into the appropriate folder in Windows 2012 server and ran a deploy bat file.

I have made the app pool changes like added new app pool for .net frame work 4 and 4.5 and also cahnging the CLR version from 2 to 4.0

Little background about WCF service : There are 3 WCFservice used and the class libraries for these were earlier targeted to 3.5 and i migrated it to 4.5 , and copied these dlls to the deployment folder but did not do any changes for .svc files which were already present in the deployment folder.

Although i am able to browse application UI , i am unable to browse the WCF services used by the Application for Authentication purpose.but every time i do iisreset i can browse any one WCFService among 3 WCFservices that too only once and after that it says waiting for local host and never comes back for all 3 services.

Please let me know , how should i proceed with fixing this issue.

Thanks,

KAV

KAV

• Edited by MeghaGowda Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 5:51 PM

All replies

• hi,
     As per this case, I am suspecting that you might be missed to enable WCF services while installing framework.
    So you need to enable WCF services via install roles service & features.

In this case, you can do the following steps :

1.On your Windows server desktop >> start Server Manager by clicking Server Manager in the Windows taskbar.

2.On the Manage menu, click Add Roles and Features.

3.Goto Before you begin page >> Start the remove roles and feature wizard >> Click Next

4.Installation Type >> Role-based or feature-based installation >> Click Next

5.Server Selection >> Select a server from the server pool >> Click Next

6.Server roles >> check/Tick "WCF services" >>Next

7.then Next >> finish

for more information, refer the following links :

1. Click here to refer the steps about Install or Uninstall Roles, Role Services, or Features

2. Click here to refer the solution from similar issue from other thread. 

Thursday, June 18, 2015 5:32 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for reply , all features related to WCF services are activated in 2012 server for both .net framework 4.5 and 3.5

Please note that deploying the original application completely works fine,the problem starts when i change the version of application dlls inside deployment folder(the new version of dlls copied to the deployment folder are built in VS2013 and targeted to .Net framework 4.5 whereas the original version was built in VS2008 and targetted to .Net framework 3.5).

Thanks,

KAV

KAV

Monday, June 22, 2015 4:07 PM
  • hi KAV,
       According to this case, you can upgrade it from .Net 3.5 to 4.0 first then deploy & try to do the same process. Refer the following links :

1. Upgrade an ASP.NET Web Application to ASP.NET 4:
       http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/dd483478(v=vs.100).aspx

2. Migration guide:
       http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ff657133(v=vs.100).aspx

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:51 AM
  • Hi ,

As suggested by you I built all the application dlls to target .net framework 4.0 instead of 4.5 deployed onto the server change the app pool to 4.0 and CLR to 4.0.

But still facing the same problem, every time after IISRESET I can browse only one of the 3 WCF services only once.

Thanks,

KAV

KAV

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 9:05 PM
  • hi KAV,
       According to this case, you can try to increase maxConcurrentInstances in the serviceThrottling in corresponding config file like below :
    <behaviors>
     <serviceBehaviors>
      <behavior name="throttled">
       <serviceThrottling
        maxConcurrentCalls="16" //No. of messages the host can process (default = 10)
        maxConcurrentInstances="10" // No. of host instances
        maxConcurrentSessions="10"  // No. of host sessions (default = 16)
       />
       </behavior>
     </serviceBehaviors>
    </behaviors>

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:02 AM