none
GetRid of Popup Message in Office Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am using C#.net application(s) to use office interop and process files for text. printing operation(s).

while execution of process, there are popup comes from file or interop which stuck process and untill user click on that popup message box that process is stucked..

So how can we handle office interop code which may not show any popup messages while office interop related code execution.

We have tried in code to set offices instance mark as visible false , but still popup messages are comming while processing files.

Or is there any other mechanuism in C# which can ignore all popup messages while procesing file and user not require any manual interption.

Please advise.

Thanks

• Edited by Viral84 Monday, September 4, 2017 11:41 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Viral84,

I can see that you just mentioned the description of the issue.

here, I have some questions.

(1) is that message comes because of your interop code?

(2) or message displayed by the Office for a user interaction?

if it is displayed because of your interop code then you can easily remove it from your code.

if it is displayed by the Office then what message it displaying? try to post the picture of message.

it is important to know whether it is an information message, warning message or need any user input, also need to check whether we can suppress it by a code or not.

also let us know which Office version you are using and with which Office application you are working.

if there is any way to reproduce this issue on our side then let us know about that.

we will try to reproduce the issue and try to provide you solution for the same.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:53 AM
  • Hi Viral84,

>> i am using C#.net application(s) to use office interop and process files for text. printing operation(s).

Could you share us your code related with these operations?

>> while execution of process, there are popup comes from file or interop which stuck process

What these popup messages? Could you share us these messages?

>> is there any other mechanuism in C# which can ignore all popup messages while procesing file and user not require any manual interption.

We could also try OpenXML, but it needs you share us what want to do with office files, and then we could share whether it meets your requirement.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 9:41 AM
  • Hi Viral84,

I can see that you did not follow up this thread , after creating this thread.

is your issue solved?

if you got the solution by yourself then I suggest you to post the solution and mark it as an answer.

if your issue is still exist then I suggest you to refer the suggestions given by the community members.

if still you have any further question regarding same issue then I suggest you to let us know about that.

we will try to provide you further suggestions to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:20 AM