How to access Google Calendar API via ready Owin Authentication template in ASp.NET WebForms RRS feed

• Question

• User-1445957395 posted

I am using following version.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017
    Version 15.9.12
    VisualStudio.15.Release/15.9.12+28307.665
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.8.03761

I create a new "ASP.NET Web Application Project" ,  From ASP.NET 4.8 templates screen, I choose WebForms  , Under Authentication, I select "Individual User Accounts".

This step create all the required template code ready for google authentication.  I set client id and secret key in Startup.Auth.cs

app.UseGoogleAuthentication(new GoogleOAuth2AuthenticationOptions(){}  and I am able to successfully authenticate google account.

My problem starts here... 

My aim is to query Google Calendar data after successful authentication. The code to initialize Calendar service is

service = new CalendarService(new BaseClientService.Initializer()
                {
                    HttpClientInitializer =
    credential, ??????
                    ApplicationName = ApplicationName,
                });

My question after successful google login,  how do I retrieve "credential info" in default.aspx.cs page  which I can forward to CalendarService as above.

Any help

Regards

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:39 PM

All replies

• User1724605321 posted

Hi jigneshdesai,

Normally that would be your user's credential , using the resource owner flow to get access token for accessing specific service/api . 

If you want to login to Google service ,authorize to consent and get access token in on process , you may use code/hybrid flow of OIDC ,but each identity provider has own configuration and supported authentication flows   . You may need to contact Google's support channel to get specific support . 

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Thursday, May 30, 2019 2:27 AM