none
VS2010 RDLC learning material RRS feed

• Question

• We have been using RDLCs in VS2005 for years now, and all our reports work fine after converting to the 2008 RDLC format and the new 2010 report viewer control. BTW, We use the report viewer in local mode and use datasets for data.

However, all that I learned about reports seems to no longer apply, Since the designer has changed drastically, I am having trouble designing new reports that worked the way I want them to. What resources are there for me to learn how to design reports? I see this book, which seems like it may be useful, but is really about Reporting Services, which is not quite what we use.  Any help out there?

Friday, June 11, 2010 3:35 PM

All replies

• I second Wil's feelings exactly. 2010 ReportViewer has no useful documentation. Is there any advanced information? The basic information is really really basic.

Monday, June 14, 2010 11:36 PM
  • At the very least a what's changed and what's different document is needed. As you all know from my previous post, I lost a couple of hours of productivity on just looking for where they moved report paramaters. The project I was doing in VS2010, I backed out and finished in 2008 because of the Report Viewer problems.

Microsoft, PLEASE GET US SOME DOCUMENTATION!

Bernie

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:56 AM