cashdrawer.Open();
       cashdrawer.Claim(-1);
       cashdrawer.DeviceEnabled = true;
       cashdrawer.OpenDrawer();
       cashdrawer.DeviceEnabled = false;
       cashdrawer.Release();
       cashdrawer.Close();
    }

When I debug I can see that the device was created properly, and is the Posiflex cash drawer that I have connected. When I step through the code I can see that the cash drawer is claimed, the device gets enabled and the status of the cash drawer even changes to show that the cash drawer is open. But the cash drawer just doesn't open.

I have tested the physical operation of the drawer with the demo programs that came from the manufacturer and it works just fine. 

Something interesting to note is that the program from the manufacturer also shows the number of good opens and the number of bad opens. This number does not change when I run my code, even though I can clearly see the status of the drawer change from closed to open and back again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:05 AM

Answers

• This sounds like an OPOS driver. Monroe CCO is OPOS. There is a cash drawer simulator so hopefully you are see the real cash drawer and not the simulator.

You might want to contact the manufacturer to ask about POSfor .NET support.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, January 24, 2014 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hi BigBill,

In my opinion, please mark sure your cash drawer is connected on the PC/POS hardware you are using. And you will need a service object installed to work with the cash drawer. Once you have that setup, the code should work.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:15 AM
  • What happens when you try the TestApp.exe that comes with the POS for .NET SDK? Does the Cash drawer open?

Does the device come with a service object or a OPOS driver? Service object preferred.

Make sure the example service object or the cash drawer simulator are out of the way. My book discuss some of these items:http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGPOS.html

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:53 AM
  • The cash drawer doesn't open with the TestApp, but it does come up in the list on the left hand side.

I suspect that a service object is installed, but I don't know how to verify this. The utilities that came with the drawer seem to have only come with an OPOS driver, but when I hover over the device in the TestApp the tooltip that comes up does say "Service Object Version 1.8.1".

The drive utility that came with the cash drawer is using the Monroe CCO, if that means anything to you guys.

Friday, January 24, 2014 5:29 AM
  • This sounds like an OPOS driver. Monroe CCO is OPOS. There is a cash drawer simulator so hopefully you are see the real cash drawer and not the simulator.

You might want to contact the manufacturer to ask about POSfor .NET support.

Friday, January 24, 2014 6:28 PM