Need help intercepting SMS messages RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to intercept SMS messages but it is not working. I am following these instructions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb932385.aspx

And I am sure that my code is totally fine. It is all pretty simple. But the problem seems to be that while my app is running, the phone does not download any SMS messages from the cell network! When I quit the app, all the messages get downloaded from the cell network. So it looks like I am somehow blocking their download... I am not turning the phone's antenna off or anything.

Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this?  My app is OpenGL ES based and has a pretty tight animation loop. Could that somehow keep the phone from downloading texts in the background? Though even when I turn the loop off and just refresh the screen when I touch it, the texts still don't download...

Thanks!
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:37 PM

All replies

• What's your code? What's the type of the device?

Did you use InterceptionAction.NotifyAndDelete? If so use InterceptionAction.Notify instead otherwise the intercepted SMS will be deleted.

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:24 AM
  • My code is pretty much identical to the msdn tutorials. I am using a Windows Mobile 6.0 device. I am not so worried about deleting the SMS.

It looks like the code works, but there is just a really long delay between when I send an SMS to the device and the time when the MessageIntercepted event fires. The delay is about 45 seconds, which is much much longer than when I send an SMS to the device without my app running.

Is there some sort of line of code that I can execute which makes the phone check the cell network for SMS messages? I thought that maybe something like Application.DoEvents() might do the trick, but it doesn't.

For my purposes, the 45 second delay is too long. Can anyone explain why the delay is occurring? Is it related to the number of Threads I am using? Or something like that?

Thanks!!
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:19 PM