none
DLLX file missing in bin folder RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up a sitecore website. It is working fine at out client and they have sent me the zip of the whole website folder and I am trying to setup on my dev server.

I am getting this error

Could not load file or assembly 'custom.dllx' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

They have a custom developed custom.dll file in the bin folder but I don't know what is dllx file, they never developed a dllx file.

Can anybody help how can I get rid of this error?

Sunday, July 29, 2018 11:34 PM

All replies

• There's no practical use of .dllx file extension that I'm aware of, and the only reference on the web that is probable is here. Perheps someone got practice to obfuscate their binaries but forgotten to do so this time. 

You should probably ask them to send you the needed file if you don't want to be in awkward situation, or if your client already lost contact with the original developers, try search for code that contains ".dllx" and comment it. (I assume you still have your original ZIP file as backup) There's some chance that it'll simply work after this.

Monday, July 30, 2018 1:36 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Shafaqat,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, do you run some plugins in your application? If yes, your custom assembly cannot be loaded during the execution of your plugin. Either install it in the GAC or merge it with your plugin assembly.

For more details, you could refer to the StackOverFlow.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8668888/could-not-load-file-or-assembly-my-custom-assembly-dll-version-1-0-0-0-culture

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 30, 2018 5:48 AM