none
Excel won't return e-mail data from MS query RRS feed

• Question

• I created a query that gets e-mail content from a database using MS query, All the data are shown on MS query but when it's returned to excel some columns returned blank specifically the "TO"/"FROM" column, which contains e-mails (ex. sample@yahoo.com) and the "e-mail body" column which contains HTML.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:07 PM

All replies

• Hi KLENTDIAMOND,

first of all I want to inform you that when you post the question on forum then provide as much as details.

here , we don't know that from where you are fetching the data. like the what is the source of the data?

are you using SQL Server or MS Access or any other database?

what is your query and how your data looks like in your database.

please provide the above mentioned details so that we can try to make a test on our side to check whether we can reproduce the issue or not.

make sure that your query is correct , and your data source contains the data in that particular column.

for more information you can refer link below.

Use Microsoft Query to retrieve external data

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:22 AM
  • Thanks for the info. It's my first time posting a question. I can see all the data on MS Query but my problem is that when it's returned on Excel some columns are blank.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:26 PM
  • Hi KLENTDIAMOND,

My Question is still there.

show me the pictures.

if you are not able to upload pictures because your account is not verified then you can try to upload pictures on free image hosting websites and post the link here.

so that I can check what going there.

provide your query.

also you did not mentioned which version of Excel you are using?

which database you are using?

if you do not provide all this details then I am not able make a test on my side and not able to provide you a solid suggestion that can solve your issue.

I try to find some old threads.

I find below. you can try to visit and check them. it may helps you to solve your issue.

Add "SET NOCOUNT ON" to the beginning of the query.

Returning data from Microsoft Query to Excel

why does msquery sometimes not return data to excel?

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:52 AM