none
Is it possible to use shared project between web and desktop application? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to add the shared project reference to a web application as we did to desktop application but it doesn't seem it is supported. is it possible this shared project to be added to a web application ?
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi engfedail,
    With this type of UWP Apps setup right now, repetition is only way to do that...

Best regards!
    • Marked as answer by eng.fedail Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:21 AM
    • Edited by Almir VukMVP Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:23 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi engfedail,

No, in Universal Windows Platform that is not possible, but there is some good ways to communicate between your Desktop or Mobile App with your Web application.

Best regards!
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:57 AM
  • what I'm doing is to group the code that I'm using between my desktop and web application and put them in that shared project. the shared project is connected to the desktop application and working fine. If I couldn't manage to reference the shared project to the web application this means I have to write the code again in the web application. 

any advice to avoid repetition? 

Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Hi engfedail,
    With this type of UWP Apps setup right now, repetition is only way to do that...

Best regards!
    • Marked as answer by eng.fedail Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:21 AM
    • Edited by Almir VukMVP Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:23 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:20 AM
  • any advice to avoid repetition? 

First of all, I don't know what a shared project is; or rather, if it's something special.

But you can share files between projects. So let's say you have three projects (called web, desktop, shared). If you want to use a file from the shared project in the desktop project (or web project), right click the desktop (or web) project and select add existing item. Pick your file and in the dropdown button, click the arrow and use 'add as link'.

Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:09 PM