Subscription and Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was not entirely certain where to place this question so I decided to try it in here first.

I would like to know if it is possible to receive notifications from services that I have not included as partners to my service?  If this is not possible would it be possible to create a partner at runtime? 

At this point in time I have a service that is not partnered to any other services other than the subscription manager and I am then trying to create a VPL diagram that will periodically send data from a iRobot Create to my service via a notification.  I have tried it without any partnering and it seems to only receive the first notification and then no others, I cannot remember any error messages and unfortunetly I am away from my developement computer at the moment so I cannot see if or what the error message is.

I would like to do this so that my service has the ability to work with many different services, not only the iRobot Create service nor any other static partner.

Thanks in advance,

Dylan

Thursday, October 2, 2008 6:14 PM

Answers

• You can register to a service at runtime by creating a port to the service with ServiceForwarder method (with code).

In VPL, is different. When you use a notification port, this is not the destination service which register but the VPL diagram service. When it receives a notification, it manage to forward it to the destination service.

For exemple, you have link "Replace" notification of service A to "Action" command on service B in VPL. VPL Diagram registers to service A, and when a message is received, call "Action" on B with parameters defined on "data connections" (mapping between A notification and B request body)

Friday, October 3, 2008 6:35 AM