Scrolling issue when using ChangeView instead ScrollToHorizontalOffset

Question

• I have used ChangeView in WinRT instead of using ScrollToHorizontalOffset.

But i faced an issue page will be left blank when longpress the left/right key to scroll the grid. but which is not in ScrollToHorizontalOffset.

ScrollOwner.ScrollToHorizontalOffset(HorizontalOffset); //i have used this before

ScrollOwner.ChangeView(HorizontalOffset, 0, 1.0f); //now i have used this code to set the HorizontalOffset

Can you have an idea?

Thursday, February 12, 2015 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Jayapradha,

As I know ScrollToHorizontalOffset will not available on Windows Store App 8.1, I'm not sure which version of Store App are you working on. Is it because you are using ChangeView() method on Windows Store App 8.0 App?

Besides, could the issue be reproduced by a sample, I would like to have a test. I don't know what's inside your ScrollViewer and not sure how many items inside, I can hardly reproduce the issue on my side.

Sometimes we could also try with following code

TimeSpan period = TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(10);
    Windows.System.Threading.ThreadPoolTimer.CreateTimer(async (source) =>
                {
                    await Dispatcher.RunAsync(Windows.UI.Core.CoreDispatcherPriority.Normal, () =>
                    {
                            sv.ChangeView();
                    });
                }
                , period);

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 13, 2015 4:44 AM