none
Event based triggers are not working in azure data factory pipeline

Question

• I am facing one issue with the event based triggers inside data factory pipelines. It is not triggering when blobs are getting uploaded inside the container. My data factory and azure storage are in East US 2 region. I am also using general purpose V2 storage account.

One thing i want to add here that triggers are not getting published with their names instead they are getting published with some GUID as their names. Can anyone please let me know that why i am facing all these issues as it was working earlier ?

Friday, August 3, 2018 2:00 PM

Answers

• This is working fine now. I deleted and recreated everything including data factory. I don't know the exact reason that why it was not working. May be i might have given wrong filter condition or some silly errors. Anyways thanks for your response !!
    • Marked as answer by TechGuru44 Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:11 PM

All replies

• Event grid subscriptions are no longer created using the trigger name. This is to avoid conflicts where triggers with the same name in different factories are listening to events from the same storage account.

Could you explain what you're seeing further please. Which triggers have stopped triggering? The ones with the actual trigger name, or the guid name? Could you share the trigger JSON definition please?

Friday, August 3, 2018 11:44 PM
  • As you said, Triggers are now getting created with GUID as names for Event subscriptions. So, I deleted all my previous subscriptions and published my data factory triggers again. JSON definition for the trigger is given below :-

{
        "name": "EventForBlobArrival",
        "properties": {
            "runtimeState": "Started",
            "pipelines": [
                {
                    "pipelineReference": {
                        "referenceName": "CopyPipeline",
                        "type": "PipelineReference"
                    },
                    "parameters": {
                        "sourceFolder": "@triggerBody().folderPath",
                        "sourceFile": "@triggerBody().filePath"
                    }
                }
            ],
            "type": "BlobEventsTrigger",
            "typeProperties": {
                "blobPathBeginsWith": "/datafactory-eventbasedtrigger/",
                "scope": "/subscriptions/<subscriptiionID>/resourceGroups/<ResourceGroupName>/providers/Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts/<StorageAccountName>",
                "events": [
                    "Microsoft.Storage.BlobCreated"
                ]
            }
        }
    }

The above mentioned event subscription is not working as when i am creating new blobs, it's not triggering pipeline at all.

Monday, August 6, 2018 7:14 AM
  • This is working fine now. I deleted and recreated everything including data factory. I don't know the exact reason that why it was not working. May be i might have given wrong filter condition or some silly errors. Anyways thanks for your response !!
    • Marked as answer by TechGuru44 Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:11 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 2:11 PM