none
An exception occurred during the Install phase.System.SystemException: The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

I have a Domain Controller configured on Win 2003 Server.I added a system having Win 2008R2 O.S. installed.

I get an error when i try to install an .msi file for the first time but reinstalling it for the second time it gets installed.

The log shows the following error details:-

Calling custom actions
    Applying registry permissions

An exception occurred during the Install phase.
    System.SystemException: The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.

at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.TranslateToSids(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Boolean& someFailed)
       at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
       at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType)
       at System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.ModifyAccess(AccessControlModification modification, AccessRule rule, Boolean& modified)
       at System.Security.AccessControl.CommonObjectSecurity.SetAccessRule(AccessRule rule)

Please respond with a solution for this issue.
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:16 AM