Reading RESX Content from loaded DLL and NOT the RESX file RRS feed

• Question

• User645573348 posted

I need to be really clear on this. I am not trying to read the myfile.resx file. I am trying to read the content from the myresourcenamespace.myfile.dll.

My hopes is to create a dictionary of my KVPs contained within the RESX content, by accessing that which is preloaded into the DLLs. My current solution depends too much on the files exisiting and a bunch of copying to insure that files are where they need to be. The DLLs are more reliable at this point.

I have been able to gain access to the assembly via "new resourcemanager(myassemblytype)", but I am stuck at this point. I cannot seem to read the actual content from memory. I continually run up against MissingManifestException when I try and access the content as a stream from the resource manager.

Here is my successful code:

var myType = Type.GetType("ViewRes.StaticMessages", true);
    var myResManager = new ResourceManager("StaticMessages", System.Reflection.Assembly.GetAssembly(myType));

Here is my failure code:

using (var fileReader = new ResXResourceSet(myResManager.GetStream(myResManager.BaseName)))
    {
    //.... code read here
    }

The ResXResourceSet throws the MissingManifestException. I have tried everything I can think of.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• User-276842610 posted

hi,

Please try to use as follows and check if it works.

var myResManager = new ResourceManager("StaticMessages", System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly(myType));

instead of

var myResManager = new ResourceManager("StaticMessages", System.Reflection.Assembly.GetAssembly(myType));

thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 6:13 AM